The Expert Guide to Selling your Home this Spring of 2020!
Spring of 2020 is in our sights, and now is the time to get your home ready to sell in the Spring 2020 market! You’ll want to follow this guide closely and quickly, as Spring is the best and most likely time for your home to sell, so long as your home is in its peak form. With that being said, Ready…Set…Go!
Why is Spring the most ideal time to sell your home?:
- Spring selling normally allows buyers to settle and move-in during the summer months, which is ideal to most, and especially ideal to those with children.
- Spring Break! This week or so of time is usually an ideal time for buyers to search the market, as it is a time-consuming process.
- Tax Returns! Many people will have more cash to put towards a down payment thanks to Aprils tax-returns.
- Interest rates are historically low at the moment! Making it the perfect time for most buyers to purchase a home.
- Spring is vibrant! Flowers are blooming, the grass is green and the sun is shining. With the proper work done to your home, your curb appeal can be at its best!
- Like many cities, the DC metropolitan area is expected to have a low supply of homes on the market this spring, meaning it will be a sellers market!
The Must-DO list:
As mentioned above, Spring will be all about VIBRANT CURB APPEAL for the exterior of your home. On the interior your focus will need to be on spring cleaning, making sure your kitchens and bathrooms are updated, as well as letting in the fresh air and sunlight!
- Pressure Washing and Painting where is needed! Something as simple as a fresh cleaning and fresh layer of paint will really brighten up and bring more appeal to the exterior of your home.
- Landscaping and adding flowers! Making sure your landscaping is alive and neat, adding in those pops of colors by planting new flowers throughout the yard, in flowers pots and flower beds. This will really add the vibrant curb appeal that we spoke about above.
- Adding in useful/ambiance lighting! This will make your home standout even once the sun has set for the day. Its an inviting feature to a home.
- Updating your shutters, mailbox and front door! This typically just requires some fresh paint. Don’t be afraid to use these canvas for a pop of color!
- Spring Cleaning! This is the perfect place to start. Getting all of the clutter and mess out will allow you to better asses what needs work and what just needs to be freshened up.
- Update your Kitchen and Bathroom(s)! updating these rooms will really help sell your home. Even if you do not have a huge budget, little cosmetic tweaks and some fresh paint can go a long way.
- Bring the outdoors in! Bringing the spring freshness inside is extremely important. A bright, sun-soaked home with vibrant colors, maybe some plants and the aroma of flowers in the air. This is what buyers want!
Lastly, you’ll need to make sure you are priced to sell. To insure your home is priced appropriately you’ll need a great agent! Give me a call today: Lynda O’Dea 240 988-4400. You’ll be in the best of hands and we will get your home sold this spring!