Homes for Sale in Avenel, Potomac
Avenel is a luxury residential community in Potomac and Bethesda MD comprised of 900 homes built on over 1,000 acres centered around the TPC Potomac at Avenel golf course. Avenel is a beautiful planned community that consists of 14 uniquely different villages – each with its own separate charm. When someone buys in Avenel, they are buying a turnkey lifestyle … with the golf course, community tennis and swim clubs, trails for walking and biking plus many parks and playgrounds including nearby Great Falls park.
Here are the current AVENEL HOMES FOR SALE … 25 are shown below so just click on the “See more” link to view the entire inventory, sort by price, newest on market, etc. Or you can search by price range …
If you don’t find what you are searching for … just EMAIL Lynda O’Dea or call 240.988.4400 to find your ideal home!
No results found
Avenel Real Estate
There are over 900 homes and town houses in Avenel ranging from $1 million to $5 million, some of which are on lots overlooking the Avenel golf course. Situated in Potomac and Bethesda MD, Avenel provides easy access to downtown Bethesda and Chevy Chase in addition to the town of Potomac, Tysons Corner and downtown DC. In the 1980s when Avenel was developed, several prominent builders were involved in creating the Avenel residential golf community which is comprised of 14 separate villages…
Avenel is located just 15 miles from Washington DC. CNNMoney selected Potomac MD as the #7 top-earning towns in 2008 and it made #7 on the Forbes Magazine Top Educated Small Town in America list. Locals still consider Potomac to be “horse country”, even though much of the community has conveyed to the D.C. area’s wealthiest residents.
THE VILLAGES OF AVENEL
- Abbey Terrace – An intimate community of Georgian homes featuring classic architecture and old-world detailing perched along the 5th fairway.
- Chartwell – Neo-classic style homes sited on the 6th & 7th fairways of Avenel in a wooded setting on the western side of the community.
- Deer Hollow – A cul-de-sac of five traditional homes along the 3rd fairway near Avenel Park.
- Eagle Ridge – Single family estate homes, most on private wooded lots at the southern most point of Avenel along the 10th, 11th, and 12th fairways. This community is the most accessible to downtown DC via the Clara Barton Parkway and Beltway.
- Oaklyn Woods – The Avenel village adjacent to the 4th and 5th fairways with single-family homes on generous sized lots from 1 to 2 acres.
- Player’s Crossing – A very popular community of “city homes” flanking the 13th and 15th fairways of the Avenel golf course with some homes overlooking a lake.
- Player’s Gate – An impressive collection of homes along Avenel’s entrance at Persimmon Tree Road.
- Player’s Turning – An enclave of several large traditional homes nestled between Avenel Park and the 4th fairway.
- Pleasant Gate – Traditional Cape Cod-style homes located across Oaklyn Drive from the Avenel Park.
- Prescott – A gatehouse village of luxury courtyard homes and townhomes in the heart of Avenel, some with views of the lake or the golf course along the 12th, 16th and 18th fairways.
- Rapley Preserve – A gated residential community of 52 exquisite custom-built homes on spectacular lots up to 2 acres within a wooded preserve.
- Saunders Gate – Large estate homes on 2-acre parcels that were among the first to be built in the Avenel community along the northeast side adjacent to Congressional Country Club.
- The Gates – Award-winning “old world” courtyard and single-family homes clustered in brick-walled enclaves at the eastern edge of Avenel between the 13th fairway and Rock Run Stream Valley Park.
- Willow Gate – Spacious single-family homes on .25 to .50 acre lots, many with golf course views along the 13th and 14th fairways.
In addition to Avenel, there are several other luxury communities in Potomac: Congressional Country Club Drive, Bradley Farms, Falconhurst, Palantine, Potomac Falls, and Potomac Preserve. Within close proximity to Avenel is Potomac Village featuring several grocers and retailers plus fine restaurants at the crossroads of Falls Road and River Road. Another amazing feature of living in Avenel is the quick access to Great Falls Park is an 800-acre park with rapids and waterfalls located along the Potomac River. The Potomac area is a very popular family and adult destination for kayaking, whitewater rafting, cycling, and hiking.